POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten : Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:34:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten
From: Dan P
Date: 21 Mar 2004 01:19:33
Message: <405d33f5$1@news.povray.org>
"Xilo Musimene" <xil### [at] cainternet> wrote in message
> > "Strange Attractors: Creating Patterns in Chaos (ISBN 1-55851-298-5)"
> > by Julien C. Sprott
>
> Excellent Tor!  I've started reading this at my job (in secret since I
> shouldn't use the internet for personnal use!) and I found it extremely
> interesting...

I read this at my job too. Is this really personal use, though? If you are a
computer scientist, this newsgroup ranks up there with on-the-job research
because of the technical aspect, particularly if you do any graphical art.
As long as it is computer related, doesn't accessing a site consititute
normal use, keeping up with the field? It's hard to imagine that a company
would have a problem with joining a community of interest to keep your edge
sharp. I know that reading this group has definitely improved my ability to
create 3D images because of all the stuff I've learned from people smarter
than I (and lucky for me that is darned-near everyone!)

--
- Respectfully,
Dan