POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray 3.5 & VS.NET 2003 : Re: POV-Ray 3.5 & VS.NET 2003 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:44:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5 & VS.NET 2003
From: Ryan Lamansky
Date: 19 Mar 2004 08:46:41
Message: <405af9c1@news.povray.org>
> Well, the POV-Ray source code is definitely not a good example of C++
code.
> Even the C used could be better given the almost two decades the oldest
> parts are old now.

Cause and Effect.

Despite any deficiencies, POV-Ray is unique among all C programs.  Few are
as aged, fewer are open-source to any degree, and none produce the
visually-amazing results.  I think it's something that any contributer
should be proud of :-)

For these reasons, POV-Ray interests me more than any other C application
out there.

-Ryan