POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particles again... (MPG1, 428kb) : Re: Particles again... (MPG1, 428kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particles again... (MPG1, 428kb)
From: Rune
Date: 19 Mar 2004 06:20:54
Message: <405ad796$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:
>> It has that "natural" look to it, like an active
>> bacteria' trying to escape the petri dish(sphere).
>> Very nice, very clever.  It might be intresting to
>> see the particles rendered as small insects!
>
> I'd have to implement some sort of boid behaviour,
> so that the bacteria or insects try not to run into
> each other.

Not that it's very important, but I'd like to point out here that
seperation alone does not qualify as boid behavior as far as I know. The
three part of of boid behavior are:

Separation: steer to avoid crowding local flockmates
Alignment: steer towards the average heading of local flockmates
Cohesion: steer to move toward the average position of local flockmates

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Mar 9**