POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : (my) Longest trace ever : Re: (my) Longest trace ever Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (my) Longest trace ever
From: Dan P
Date: 19 Mar 2004 00:32:51
Message: <405a8603$1@news.povray.org>
"Steven Pigeon" <pig### [at] iroumontrealca> wrote in message
> The irony is that I threw one in the garbage
> about two, or three months ago.

Weird.. I remember 2K. Was it a Timex Sinclair 2000, like I had? Perhaps a
different model?

> I remember that I was scared as hell when
> I discovered that the all-in-one chip was too
> weak to save to the tape cassette AND generate
> the t.v. picture at the same time. When you'd
> save your program to tape, you'd lose the
> display and the TV would hiss and throw sparks...

I used to like to play the tapes just to hear the funky music.

> Ahhh... Good thing,  that era is over!

Yeah. I miss it, though. It was my very first pooter. For some stupid
reason, I managed to drop a piece of metal into the open slot and fried it.
Then, I gave it to my 6th grade teacher (I'm dating myself here) to
demonstrate to the class.

Jerk never gave me an A, though. :-)

--
- Respectfully,