POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My longuest trace ever : Re: My longuest trace ever Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My longuest trace ever
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 19 Mar 2004 00:17:05
Message: <405a8251$1@news.povray.org>
Ok. Monitoring CPU time, 99.7% went to povray,
0.3% to everything else (including ssl/ssh, the shell,
and top).

I remember trying something with lots of radiosity
samples, and that the 2GHz linux machine rendered
the picture in about 20-30% more time than the
1.7GHz windows box povray. Both ahtlon machines,
lots of ram (1G)

Maybe it depends on what exactly is rendered?
I'll run a few test in a week or so, when I come back
from the Antilles (yay! vacations!)

Best,

    S.

--