POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The same attractor by Manuel Kasten : Re: The same attractor by Manuel Kasten Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The same attractor by Manuel Kasten
From: Manuel Kasten
Date: 18 Mar 2004 12:17:35
Message: <4059d9af@news.povray.org>
> I really do. Is there some website where attractors are described in
> detail? I've seen many differents by now (the Lorenz one being the first
> :), but I've never found a source which could explain me the theory
> behind it :(

Tor Olaf Kristensen posted the following:

//Just in case anyone is interested in a free online versions of a book
//about "Strange Attractors":
//
//http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/sa.htm
//
//"Strange Attractors: Creating Patterns in Chaos (ISBN 1-55851-298-5)"
//by Julien C. Sprott

I downloaded the pdf version and read it partially. It describes the concepts
behind these attractors very clearly. Note that the attractor Fernando posted
uses different equations:

x2 = sin(a*y1) - cos(b*x1)
y2 = sin(c*x1) - cos(d*y1)

Manuel