POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The same attractor by Manuel Kasten : Re: The same attractor by Manuel Kasten Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The same attractor by Manuel Kasten
From: Alf Peake
Date: 18 Mar 2004 11:14:36
Message: <4059caec$1@news.povray.org>
"Florian Brucker" <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote in message
> > I hope you like it.
> I really do. Is there some website where attractors are described in
> detail? I've seen many differents by now (the Lorenz one being the
first
> :), but I've never found a source which could explain me the theory
> behind it :(
>
> Florian

This can help visualise a 2-D arrangement (OK - so it is part of a
spherical surface).

As a boy, one distraction was to hang a bar magnet vertical on a 0.5
or 1 metre string about 5 cms above the floor/table. 1 or more bar
magnets (or steel bolts) were then placed on the floor/table near this
pendulum which was then set swinging.

A variation was to use a glass table as base, a small torch taped to
the cord and place a camera (long exposure) below the magnets.

Alf