POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Blow yer mind, dude : Re: Blow yer mind, dude Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blow yer mind, dude
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 18 Mar 2004 08:36:52
Message: <4059a5f4@news.povray.org>
I opened the same .pov file I sent you and rendered it in pov3.1, and the
the image looks like the attached file. I did not even have Moray open. Does
your render look different from that?
About the clock, Moray's animation plugin produces an .avi directly, without
any clock values being set in POVray. So if you want to animate the scene in
POVray without using Moray, you have to set it up there yourself. My
animation was 8 seconds long and 15 frames per second (119 frames after
skipping the last one for smooth looping). You simply have to make the cone
rotate (around the z axis) 360 degrees in the time specified.
Steve Shelby

"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> I've not had any luck with it. I can't make it look quite like the
animation
> even using pov 3.1, there must be some settings moray does implicitly that
> don't have. Plus there's not actually any animation data in the file,
nothing is
> using the clock variable.
>
> --
> Tek
> www.evilsuperbrain.com
>
> "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> > > Thanks. Did you try the 9.36 mb version? It's 800x600 and shows no
loss from
> > > the original uncompressed .avi. Or were you wanting to just render a
still?

> > Yeah I saw that version, the resolution's good but it's not very smooth,
so I
> > intend to render it with more frames.
> >
> > I'll let you know how it goes. :)
> >
> > --