POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity artifact cleaning! : Radiosity artifact cleaning! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity artifact cleaning!
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 18 Mar 2004 07:34:24
Message: <40599750@news.povray.org>
Hi all:

As strange as it sounds, these two renderings use the exact same
radiosity settings, and the same lighting (no light_sources, only a
tricky image_map function onto a surrounding sphere).

The only difference is an extra texture layer for the lathe objetcs. It
started as a dust layer, but accidentally resulted into an artifact cleaner:

texture{
  pigment{
   wrinkles
   color_map{
    [0.0 rgbt 1]
    [0.0 rgbt .9]
   }
  }
}

I've still to test if this works more generally, not only for lathe
objetcs, but I wanted to share this strange but useful "effect". If I
can isolate it I will post a minimal scene later.

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rad-artifact-cleaner-0.jpg' (17 KB) Download 'rad-artifact-cleaner-1.jpg' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'rad-artifact-cleaner-0.jpg'
rad-artifact-cleaner-0.jpg

Preview of image 'rad-artifact-cleaner-1.jpg'
rad-artifact-cleaner-1.jpg