POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oak Tree (via PovTree/TomTree) : Re: Oak Tree (via PovTree/TomTree) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oak Tree (via PovTree/TomTree)
From: Gena
Date: 18 Mar 2004 02:00:47
Message: <4059491f$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> Here we go.  A couple more attempts, with fewer branches.  I also changed a
> few other settings to hopefully make it a little better.  One with leaves*,
> one without.
>
> *No, they're not oak leaves.  Get a life, people!  ;-)

Good job!
I believe you know that it's possible to make any leaf
by selecting 'Use UV Mapping' and providing image map name.
Image map should support transparency (e.g. PNG). Real object
used for such leaf is a mesh consisting of two triangles.
You can scale it specifying parameters on the same 'Foliage'
tab.

In the future I'm going to implement Leaf Modeller in POV-Tree.
It will be something like lofter which you can find in many
3D apps. Using splines you will define path and profiles.
Resulting surface will be converted into mesh.

Gena.