POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Arealights questions.... : Re: Arealights questions.... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arealights questions....
Date: 16 Mar 2004 18:35:20
Message: <40578f38$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for you reply Hugo,

The Winosi rendering was made with povray 3.6 b1 and not Winosi after a test
scene from WinOsi homepage. The goal of this scene was to compare various
renderers.
(http://www.winosi.onlinehome.de/Comp1.htm)
(all the picture I posted were rendered with POV)

You noticed it : there is no light source indeed. Actually, there is just an
arealight with tranparency layer (with no_image keyword)

By the way, you can see on winosi home page a render made with povray and an
usual (and not very accurate for this purpose) arealight. I run this scene
to demontrate the use of a different kind of arealight for realistic
results.
I hope someone will be interested in making such a feature more easy to use
without any trick :-)

Bye,

Jerome

"Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This is an interesting post, and I cannot answer your question really. But
> I'm curious regarding the WinOSi rendering: How did you get this result in
4
> minutes? The image "winosi4min.jpg" doesn't look like WinOSi. There are
> suspicious artifacts around the light on the ceiling. There are no visible
> light source. There are hardly any anti-alias... What version of WinOSi
are
> you using?
>
> Hopefully someone else can answer your question. :o)
>
> Regards,
> Hugo

---