POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten : Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten
From: Mike Williams
Date: 16 Mar 2004 13:12:23
Message: <40574387@news.povray.org>
The code for this image is by Manuel Kasten, who posted it in
povray.general.

The strange attractor is iterated 2 million times.

This rendering was done entirely in POV using a machine with 384Mb of
memory.

There are 207620 spheres in the image.

Instead of adding a new sphere for each iteration of the strange attractor,
if there already was a sphere at a point I just changed its pigment to make
it brighter. Some spheres have had their pigment brightened 161 times which
gives them a pigment of about {rgb 5}. I had to make the brightening so
strong because the vast majority of spheres only get brigtened a few times
and when I tried creating output in teh range {rgb 0} to {rgb 1} most of
them were nearly black.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'StrangeA2.jpg' (75 KB)