POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : game : Re: game Server Time
19 Jul 2024 04:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: game
From: Andrew Wilcox
Date: 16 Mar 2004 09:19:13
Message: <40570ce1$1@news.povray.org>
> -[Just limit your recusion level to 86]-
> There are at least two possible moves that can be made on each turn - are
> you saying that we want to examine 2^86 possible games?

Actually, aren't there more than two possible moves in some cases?
Since storing board positions in memory isn't an option, then yes, if you
don't care about how long it took to find the best solution.  Something like
this should be distributed on several machines.  And if a shorter solution
is found in there somewhere all future scans become shorter.  A depth first
scan though won't run out of memory though, it'll just take a very long
time.  If the computer could look at 1000 board positions a second it'd take
about 2487501686449854 years.  Hmmm, sounds like genetic algorithms would be
better in this case.

AW