POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten : Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten
From: Marc Roth
Date: 16 Mar 2004 07:09:48
Message: <4056ee8c$1@news.povray.org>
Edward Coffey wrote:

> The trouble with rendering it as a solid object is that you have no more
> information than the location of each point - other than simple
> proximity there is no way of knowing whether two points should be
> connected forming part of a surface, or whether there is a gap between
> them that should not be filled. In the end you either just plot so many
> points that it looks like a single surface, or use a guessing algorithm
> designed to form a surface from a collection of points.

i don't think you need a guessing algorithm. maybe you could simply keep
the last three points in memory and create a triangle for a mesh with
it. then find the next point and create a triangle that uses two points
from the last one and the new point. if i am wrong here, just tell me
why, i don't know much about attractors...
bye,
	Marc