POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten : Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:35:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten
From: Manuel Kasten
Date: 16 Mar 2004 01:49:25
Message: <4056a375@news.povray.org>
> How much memory are we talking about for
> the all-pov-version ?

The original povray-version needed beetween 400 - 500 MB of RAM for
2 mio spheres. Runes version needs as low memory as you want, depending
on how much passes you do.

My Java version's memory consumption is independent from the number of
points, so I can easily go as high as say 350 mio. Thats why the Java version
looks that much smoother than the POV version. ( Memory usage can be
approximated by     image_size*image_size*3 byte  )

Manuel