POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bowl WIP : Re: Bowl WIP Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bowl WIP
From: andrel
Date: 16 Mar 2004 03:25:32
Message: <4056B9D0.8080508@hotmail.com>
Fernando G. del Cueto wrote:
>>Is the tile floor an image map?
>

> Yes it is, I found it on the internet. I had to play a bit with the Gimp to
> get a correct bump map from the original image map, but I think it worked ok
> :)
Yes it is nice. Although I am wondering if you should invert your
normals. For me the mortar (if that is the right word in this context)
seems to be higher than the tiles and some tile seem to curve upwards
close to the edge (like the one in the left lower corner, that has a
highlight on the left edge).