POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : game : Re: game Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: game
From: Apache
Date: 14 Mar 2004 22:16:09
Message: <40551ff9@news.povray.org>
Sounds easy, but how does your algorithm know if a move is "the best one"?

Some years ago I wrote a small script in perl that crackes the sloyd game.
The larger variant of this game however seems to need so much RAM to hold
the game positions that I haven't managed to crack it yet.
Of course it's very easy to get *some* good solution, but of course we'd
like to know what sequences are the most efficient ones. Algorithms
involving genetic algorithms and such will never assure you that you've
found the best solution(s) possible.....

So Chris, please crack the sloyd extreme if you like:
www.elje.net/games/sloydextreme/

Regards,
Apache