POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten : Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Strange Attractors by Manuel Kasten
From: Rune
Date: 14 Mar 2004 19:15:08
Message: <4054f58c@news.povray.org>
The code for this image is by Manuel Kasten, who posted it in
povray.general. The scene contains 2.000.000 little white spheres. He
couldn't render it himself though, because of heavy swapping.

Now, I don't have enough memory either, but what I did was to reduce the
memory usage by rendering the image over 20 passes each with 100.000
spheres, each time using the previous frame as a background image_map
for the current frame. The result looks nice. It's attached. Well, I
blurred it in Paint Shop Pro before posting in order to reduce
graininess and jpeg-artifacts. The original really isn't blurred at all
despite the multiple times applied antialiasing that is a side effect
from the multiple pass technique I used.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Mar 9**

Attachments:
Download 'attractors.jpg' (55 KB)