POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : simulated_technology.pov : Re: simulated_technology.pov Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: simulated_technology.pov
From: Tek
Date: 14 Mar 2004 17:21:41
Message: <4054daf5@news.povray.org>
"Samuel T. Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:405### [at] hotmailcom...
> It gets used in nearly all of my scenes now. I never use the default or
> ultra_wide_angle cameras anymore. I dicovered the trick one day while
> trying to square an image and noticed parts of the black circle got
> clipped away.

Well it's not an entirely natural way to see an image (since it's not projected
onto a plane, but you will view the image on a planar screen) but it has some
potential for getting less distortion on wide shots which is a problem I keep
running into.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com