POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : simulated_technology.pov : Re: simulated_technology.pov Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: simulated_technology.pov
From: Samuel T  Benge
Date: 14 Mar 2004 17:25:42
Message: <4054DBBA.9090103@hotmail.com>
Rune wrote:

> It's a neat trick alright, especially when you want a wide angle but
> don't want heavy perspective distortions.

The fisheye lens is one of the things I like about POV. It's something
the 'big' graphics products don't give you, because they render images
not just with raytracing, but with other techniques.

> BTW, I used it in my animation Tunnel Ride:
> http://runevision.com/3d/anims/

I wish I had broadband... I'll have to take the time to download it
sometime.

> On the original topic - this isosurface sure is nice, and I was
> surprised to see it render so fast!
>
> Rune

Isn't there a 'fast isosurface' patch coming out? I can't wait for it :)

-Samuel Benge