POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : simulated_technology.pov : Re: simulated_technology.pov Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: simulated_technology.pov
From: Samuel T  Benge
Date: 14 Mar 2004 17:14:59
Message: <4054D937.3000402@hotmail.com>
Tek wrote:

> That's an interesting trick, I never knew you could use a fisheye lens like
> that! I'm going to start using that in some of my scenes.

It gets used in nearly all of my scenes now. I never use the default or
ultra_wide_angle cameras anymore. I dicovered the trick one day while
trying to square an image and noticed parts of the black circle got
clipped away.

> BTW, I've modified your definition so it takes account of the image dimensions:

I usually use something like this for images with a 1.33/1 dimension ratio:

right x*.5*1.33 up y*.5

That tends to clip the black corners away right where they need to be
clipped.

I'll try your modification to see how I like it.. thanks!

-Samuel Benge