POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hand. (Warning: contains female flesh). : Re: Hand. (Warning: contains female flesh). Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hand. (Warning: contains female flesh).
From: St
Date: 13 Mar 2004 13:51:09
Message: <4053581d@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> Bill Hails wrote:

> > sorry, stupid me, its blobs obviously.
> >
> I'm guessing Wings.

  You guess right Jim!  (How did you know??)  ;)  You know, I had
Wings installed before last Christmas, had a play with it, didn't like
it, (I was into sPatch then), and then deleted it.  :oO

  It was yourself that got me to try Wings again with 'primate test'
and I blame you for me not being able to put it down... ;)  Which is a
good thing, because I know I can produce an image that I just couldn't
before.

   I've been set free and now I've got to learn the PoV technical
stuff, (textures, finishes, etc.)

> Steve did you see the link I posted for Steve Shelby?  I think its
> pretty good.
> http://www.3dm-mc.com/tutorials/maya/texturing/
> Without even dealing with the bump_mapping shown, it demonstrates
how
> far you can take an image_map for your pigment.  That is going to
have
> the most impact.  The finish etc. is a subtler issue.

  Wow! Thanks for that Jim - it looks 'very' promising.

    ~Steve~