POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray 3.5 & VS.NET 2003 : Re: POV-Ray 3.5 & VS.NET 2003 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5 & VS.NET 2003
From: Ryan Lamansky
Date: 12 Mar 2004 12:16:04
Message: <4051f054$1@news.povray.org>
Discussed, perhaps.  But not resolved, the way I see it.

There's no doubt in my mind that the default VS.NET 2003's C++ compiler is
sub-par, but it can be made to work with POV-Ray with minimal difficulty, so
I did. The fact that the code it produced is about 5% faster than the
POV-Ray 3.5 official release is interesting, but I presume POV-Ray 3.6 is
compiled with a newer version of Intel's compiler, so it should regain the
lead.

-Ryan