POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000]
From: Tek
Date: 11 Mar 2004 22:55:40
Message: <405134bc$1@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
> LOL

:)

> I hope that was as honest as you can be. I can imagine a little bias
> may have crept in, esp' if you are using so-called tact.

Yeah, I confess more than a little bias. I was in a bad mood last night (not
just 'cause of you! the real world has been annoying me as well, fedex suck
ass).

Anyway, I'm gonna stop bitching and return to my usual mode of making serious
comments on images:

This image (we_meat, in case anyone's forgotten what thread they're reading!)
has a really cool concept. I'd suggest the materials could be improved, at
present they look a bit plastic. A lot of povvers have experimented with more
realistic skin materials so you could try some of those (unfortunately I don't
have a link to any).

Also the crackle pattern in the meat is a little obvious, and has no relation to
human anatomy. Although maybe you shouldn't go that route because making this
image look realistic would make it quite horrifying!

Finally I'd suggest using more realistic lighting and setting, e.g. maybe have
the background setup to look like a meat locker?

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com