POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Head with skin texture : Re: Head with skin texture Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Head with skin texture
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 11 Mar 2004 08:34:47
Message: <40506af7$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
> First, I think the finish you are getting is only the last one
> specified. ( So right now you are getting nothing from the layering
> except some sort of self-documenting code-construction niceness.

Not true. Changes made in finish attributes on the under layer definitely
show through. I just tried it again to be sure.

> Again, in most graphics editors you can maintain these additions on
> separate layers,
> and only let them merge in a saved off copy.

I did that .

> To take the normal effect further you can add uvmapped bump_maps but
> these are 'layered' via the 'average' pattern.

I tried puting a normal noise pattern on the under layer, but when I used
transformation to scale it it scaled the entire UV map. Now I'm thinking I
put the transformation in the wrong place. I'll have to try it again.
Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
Steve Shelby