POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Spline equation fun : Re: Spline equation fun - entwined [Mpeg1, ~370K] Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline equation fun - entwined [Mpeg1, ~370K]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 10 Mar 2004 23:48:55
Message: <404fefb7@news.povray.org>
"Tom Galvin" <tom### [at] imporg> wrote in message

> Maybe  drop the checkered floor for either empty space, or a pure white
> "wonkavision" look.  That way the math comes to the foreground.  Maybe add
> a camera dolly along a diagonal.

Thanks Tom. I think you're right about using a blank background instead of
that ugly checkered floor, at least without any reflective sphere being
present. Might be good with the black to white gradient z I'm trying now. I
knew what you meant about Wonk-A-Vision, having seen the movie once again
recently, although I'm not sure if you were saying it might work well to
move the camera for a more sideways view as the animation progresses.
There's enough chaos that a sideways view doesn't look like much, doesn't
have any z extents to this, except for the infinity symbol part.

Attached is another one with the background empty, only 2D again. I'm going
in the direction of trying for some kind of fractal-like plotting, without
really knowing what I'm doing.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: