POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Tim's test scene passed [MPG1, 572kb] : Re: Tim's test scene passed [MPG1, 572kb] Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tim's test scene passed [MPG1, 572kb]
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 10 Mar 2004 14:39:19
Message: <404f6ee7@news.povray.org>
> What is the scenario that requires this object based impact-effect? I'm
> just curious.

The short is about a worm trying not to end as fish-bait. The reason why the
adventure starts is because it's raining, and that's when worms surface in
order no to drown in the water-soaked earth (which is a fact). So I'm using
particles for all kinds of water effects in this part of the short. In some
scenes there'll be rain, and I can more easily just attach different effects
to different objects. For example, when the rain hits the worm, it'll
splash, when it hits the floor, it just dies. When hitting a stone it might
splash into fewer but larger particles, cause they're not in focus like the
worm is.

> Hehe, it's definitely the feature in my system that caused me the most
> trouble. Just a simple thing like randomness suddenly need to be
> carefully considerated, and even the rand()-function is not of any
> use... :)

Well, my non-IO-System made use of rand() extensively. All you need to take
care of is that you use the same amount of calls to it all the time.
Whenever I made calls to the rand-stream, I *always* made them, even if I
didn't require it for the setup.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>