POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RGB of death [16-bit jpeg2000] : Re: RGB of death [16-bit jpeg2000] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RGB of death [16-bit jpeg2000]
From: Dan P
Date: 9 Mar 2004 19:25:47
Message: <404e608b@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:24:28 -0600, "Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom>
> wrote:

<snip />

> >An interesting image. I see why you need the additional color depth. The
> >blue bar on the right might not be as subtle limited to 256 shades.
>
> You really need to read the text that comes with a posting. Read it
> and realise that the 16-bit aspect was a mistake.

In context with the rest of this threads in this group, I can totally
understand why you might think I'm being sarcastic. Because I saw no posts
in the thread yet, I thought it would have a different context but I was
wrong. Lemme explain: I think I understand why you are so concerned about
the color being exact because of your style of art. Most of us are
techno-types so we are thinking in terms of technical merit. Where your art
isn't highly technical, it is very /artistic/ and your use of color appears
to be what you are focussing on. So, when I saw the subtle blue on the
right, I thought, "A person who isn't concerned about the color wouldn't
bother to be that subtle with the blue." I also didn't read the entire other
thread because I'm too busy which is why I kept out of argument -- I still
don't know enough about what is going on.

...I do know, however, it took me all of 2 minutes to install Irfanview and
get the plug-ins...

I think people are failing to appreciate the uniqueness of your art and
judging based solely on technical merit. If I were in your shoes, I would be
just as frustrated. I'm not trying to cause trouble (although sometimes I
am, but in this case no) so please, guys, don't take my words defensively;
I'm seeking to understand IMBJR and the more I /try/ to understand IMBJR,
the more I change my perspective on his work. You gotta admit -- it is very
unique work and, with our help, he will gain in technical skill and make
even more interesting works in the future.

> Wittering on like that makes you look like an ignorant fool.

It's pretty well established I'm an ignorant fool -- in fact, thank you for
your kind words, because there are a few lurking around who would use
stronger words than that! :-)