POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Now the balls also slide! [MPG1, 786kB] : Now the balls also slide! [MPG1, 786kB] Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Now the balls also slide! [MPG1, 786kB]
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 9 Mar 2004 17:27:34
Message: <404e44d6@news.povray.org>
Now my particle system handles damping properly: the balls end up
sliding (looks like rolling...). I was afraid that I need some
conditionals to distinguish between slide/bounce state but "luckily" the
same piece of code handles both cases.

There is no friction at all. The speed along the surface normal is
dampened by 30% every time a ball bounces off the floor.

Severi S.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'yaps3.m1v.mpg' (684 KB)