POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : logo opinions wanted : Re: logo opinions wanted Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: logo opinions wanted
From: Carl Hoff
Date: 8 Mar 2004 15:00:14
Message: <404cd0ce@news.povray.org>
> > The black outline is a cunning trick: I use a thicker object
> > (so it completely encloses the coloured object, and every
> > point on the surface of the thick object is a fixed distance
> > from the inner object), then I colour it with texture
> > { pigment { rgbt 1 } } interior_texture { pigment { rgb 0 } }.
> > This gives a good
> > outline.
>
> Wow!  That is cunning and I think it will work for what I
> want to do too.

Ok... I hit a snag.  When I try your trick the object is outlined
alright but I lose all the highlights and reflections on the inner
object.  Is there a way I can get them back and keep the
outline.  Yours still have reflections on them.

See here is what I get when I add an outlike to the sphere in
this scene.

Carl

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: