POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : marbles - [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: jpg version Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jpg version
From: GreyBeard
Date: 8 Mar 2004 10:00:14
Message: <404c8a7e$1@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message

> I do not know to whom you refer. Normally, I would not swear, but
> experiencing the wave of apathy and lame excuses here makes me eff.

No, your egotisim is taking the front, and it shows very strongly.  I don't
think I'm too unusual, but I have three boxes that I use, only one of which
is connected to anything but itself, and as it is used for nothing but the
internet, it is minimal and will remain that way.  There are some here who's
work I deem highly enough to download and run in one of the other machines,
but if you're using poser and bryce, your file size is going to prevent
that.  While my other machines have 64 and 128 meg graphic cards, this one
has a Diamond Stealth, and I don't deem internet use worthy of anything
higher.  (And before you come up with the normal puke, such as "ludite" or
some such other stupid term, I suggest you email blank checks before telling
me that I should "upgrade" this box.)

Just accept that you're using an oddball format and that expecting everyone
else to be able to decode, or even recognize that it's there is rather
stupid.

Oh, BTW, windows bitmap format, and my printer being capable of 1200 DPI, I
like to be able to push the output to the limits of the printer.  I'm also
fond of printing to the full 11 X 17 that the printer is capable of too.  I
could go 13 X 19 but the paper is too hard to find.

You aren't going to change the world, junior.  It may change, but probably
not at your hand.