POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Tentacle ball, take 2 : Re: Tentacle ball, take 2 Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tentacle ball, take 2
From: Rune
Date: 8 Mar 2004 07:44:48
Message: <404c6ac0@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> Okay, let me rephrase that in a much nicer way:
> Would it be possible to do this in real time? :)

Well, the movement requires that an upcoming beat is known a little
before it happens. Of course, it would be possible to just detect the
general pace of a rythm and then just make the thing dance in sync with
that pace.

*I* can't program it in real-time though. I don't program in open-GL or
whatever it is that's required.

> It looks to me like it's not doing any particularly
> complex effects, but maybe I'm wrong?

It's not that complex.

But anyway - just playing with the though of taking it in the opposite
direction - what would be required to get this animation closer to
"music video quality"? Well a clip from a music video anyway - I don't
want to make a several minutes long clip out of this project here...

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Mar 7**