POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : izotwizt [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: izotwizt [16-bit JPEG2000] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: izotwizt [16-bit JPEG2000]
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 7 Mar 2004 16:14:53
Message: <404b90cd@news.povray.org>
> Could You please post in some normal format instead?

If I were in your place, Rafal, don't expect it.

IMBJR has just had his great "discussion" about using JPEG2000 on the
newsgroups and how much superior the JPEG2000 is in comparison to the old
JPEG and he feels that only JPEG2000 with its better compression and higher
quality is suitable to post his images on these groups. Standard, good ol'
JPEG isn't. He doesn't want to clog the server with huge PNGs, TIFFs or
whatnot to sustain the desired quality, which I'm fine with. He doesn't
expect comments either, so I'm fine with JPEG2000 as well.

So, if you want to view the image, get an image-viewer capable of JPEG2000.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"