POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : marbles - [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: jpg version Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jpg version
From: GreyBeard
Date: 6 Mar 2004 20:20:05
Message: <404a78c5$1@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
> Go on, hide under a shell. We shall pass you by and laugh at the
> person who couldn't be bothered with keeping up with developments in
> graphics.

Sorry to inform you, but when I want high quality graphics, I use 4800 X
3200 bitmaps.  Quite obviously, I don't post them.  If I'm going to post
something, it's converted to .jpg, not something that half of the people I
want to send it to can't read.  When IE in this kludge of a windoze box I'm
running can't recognize that there's an attachment there, you might as well
send the jpeg2000 to yourself.