POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : My first posted animation... : Re: My first posted animation... Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first posted animation...
From: Dan P
Date: 6 Mar 2004 18:45:32
Message: <404a629c$1@news.povray.org>
"Carl Hoff" <hof### [at] wtnet> wrote in message news:40475601@news.povray.org...
> I hope this is small enough to fit.  I have a question about object
> patterns that is related to this over in the newusers area.  I still
> need to add the permanent white lines on the trail that are fixed
> in space and the flashing white spokes in the tires but it's looking
> better then I expected at this stage.  Comments, tips, suggestions
> are all welcome.  I've still got so much to learn...
>
> I hope you enjoy...
> Carl
>
> p.s. I had to cut this back to 63 colors to get it to fit.  My 127
> color version at 770,071 bytes came back saying it was too
> big.

I liked it -- I would like to see a smooth MPEG-1 version though ;-)
Also, as I remember in the movie, the light trails did not reflect. If you
could make the light trails non-reflective, a bit more ambient, and even
glow just a bit using atmospheric effects, it would be even better. Also,
less reflective on the floor less of the "normal" amount would make it look
a little better too. It's a little too watery and detracts from the bike
itself.. The walls around the arena also need textures and a few more bikes
would finish it off -- plus a switch in camera angles, sound -- this has
gotta be a fun one to work on, I'm gettin' excited just imagining it! Maybe
just a bit of tilt to the camera down would also enhance the animation.

showing the drivers leaning over to make the turns. It just happens really
fast. The bike must be just thin enough to navigate a sharp corner within
two walls.