POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : marbles - [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: jpg version Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jpg version
From: Rune
Date: 5 Mar 2004 18:17:21
Message: <40490a81@news.povray.org>
IMBJR wrote:
> It was shared in the format I intended it to
> be shared in. If people cannot see it, fine.
> Those who can, fine. I am merely attempting
> to move on in image format technologies. We
> cannot merely sit still.

That's what you can do on a personal website. But when you post on a
privately owned news server you are expected to follow the guidelines
set by the owner.

>> Please note that you broke etiquette of
>> these groups by posting in a not widely
>> supported format for no benefit whatsoever.
>> Your claim about
>
> Yawn. Here we go. Show me exactly where it
> says I cannot do this and I will not.

Well, right there in Thorsten's post if nowhere else.

> Otherwise, you are merely projecting you own
> desires as to how one should "behave".

Thorsten is a member of the POV-Team and thus have full authority to act
on behalf of the owner of this news server. He have just wrote to you
that you "cannot do this" and so you need to look no further where it is
written. Convenient, isn't it?

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Jan 29**