POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : marbles - [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: jpg version Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jpg version
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Mar 2004 16:28:55
Message: <4048f117@news.povray.org>
In article <3eoh40p2s9jd1t8o03thoj1iv5i4jo12b0@4ax.com> , IMBJR
<no### [at] spamhere>  wrote:

> Whilst I appreciate the idea behind reposting the image in standard
> JPEG format, you have only succeeded in introducing artifacts and a
> drop in colour-depth. The end result is a defacing of my original
> posting.
>
> Please don't do this in the future. How would you like it if I took
> your postings and reposted then as 4 colour GIFs or worse?

Shay did an appropriate thing to allow others to view your image.  This
obviously is in your interest if you are at all interested in sharing your
image with others - and you would not post it here is you were not
interested in sharing it.

Please note that you broke etiquette of these groups by posting in a not
widely supported format for no benefit whatsoever.  Your claim about
introducing artifacts that deface your image is ridiculous.  You are free to
put your images on a website in any format you wish, but *please* try to
avoid posting in formats most people in these groups cannot view without
hassle.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg