POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : marbles - [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: jpg version Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jpg version
From: St
Date: 5 Mar 2004 16:26:37
Message: <4048f08d@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:58:17 -0600, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom>
wrote:

> >"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
> >

> Whilst I appreciate the idea behind reposting the image in standard
> JPEG format, you have only succeeded in introducing artifacts and a
> drop in colour-depth. The end result is a defacing of my original
> posting.
>
> Please don't do this in the future. How would you like it if I took
> your postings and reposted then as 4 colour GIFs or worse?

   You have a fair point, but at the end of the day Imjer, we want to
see an image, not *hunt* for the damned thing!

     Heh, I tried... and failed...  ;)

   I understand your point of view, but you could have easily
explained what you wanted to achieve, and post a link for a webpage
somewhere - I am aware that you can do this, so there's no excuse on
your part.

     It's Friday evening, have a drink on me.  :o)

      ~Steve~