POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : My first posted animation... : Re: My first posted animation... Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first posted animation...
From: stephen parkinson
Date: 4 Mar 2004 12:59:41
Message: <40476e8d$1@news.povray.org>
Carl Hoff wrote:
> I hope this is small enough to fit.  I have a question about object
> patterns that is related to this over in the newusers area.  I still
> need to add the permanent white lines on the trail that are fixed
> in space and the flashing white spokes in the tires but it's looking
> better then I expected at this stage.  Comments, tips, suggestions
> are all welcome.  I've still got so much to learn...
>
> I hope you enjoy...
> Carl
>
> p.s. I had to cut this back to 63 colors to get it to fit.  My 127
> color version at 770,071 bytes came back saying it was too
> big.

to enable accurate detailing, as i watch it, the car seems to from start
do , a right turn, a left turn, a second left turn and then ends with
space/ displacement in the loop

just prior to the right turn, the tail effect seems to fragment
after the first left, i see a triangular shaped shadow, which i
undersand, on the second left turn there appears  a darker red triangle
which i dont follow, unless you have another light source that causes it

anyway i could leave it running in lieu of a screen saver, been watching
for 10mins do :-)

wish i knew more

stephen