POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Presenting YaPS!!! (Mpg1, 651kb) : Re: Presenting YaPS!!! (Mpg1, 651kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:35:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Presenting YaPS!!! (Mpg1, 651kb)
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 2 Mar 2004 18:35:03
Message: <40451a27@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:

> Looks nice, though it seems like you're using very weak gravity here... Is
> that environment built on the moon?

Something like that, I just wanted those balls to _really_ bounce.

> That aside, will you be doing more work on it, or was it just a go to prove
> to yourself that you can do it yourself?

I don't know yet. I have a bad habit of getting really excited of
something and then leaving it halfway. But I hope I can make this a
quality macro library so that it can be useful in other scenes as well -
at least to me.

I implemented a simple adaptive stepping just a minute ago. I have two
settings: min_stepping and max_stepping (the number of intervals between
frames). The min_stepping is used normally between frames and if a
collision is detected then it switches to max_stepping. It really
speeded things up without losing accuracy. I tried also with a lot
stronger gravity but now some of the balls are lying motionless on the
planes - I have a bug! I'll post more examples later when I fix those bugs.

Severi S.