POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [RFC] Little isosurface patch ? : Re: [RFC] Little isosurface patch ? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [RFC] Little isosurface patch ?
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 1 Mar 2004 15:09:04
Message: <40439856@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <404323a9$1@news.povray.org> , Nicolas Calimet
> <pov### [at] freefr>  wrote:
>
>>  That is: how can you always guaranty the line-break to occur before
>> the (on-screen) 80th caracter using variable-length-customized tabs ?

Easy.
I am using tabwidth 4, so it is sufficient to make sure that lines
do not get cut off on the right when using tabwith 4.

> If you still use 80 character per line terminals to edit text, you have
> worse problems than tabs! ;-)

If you hadn't used the smiley I'd probably say that sometimes it is
of great advantage to _think_ prior to posting. :)

Because even if I can zoom my editor to width >=160, I prefer to
be able to have 2 to 4 windows non-overlapping on the same screen.
And because I do not want lines to get cut off at the right (too
dangerous to overlook something), I need to use some horiz. limit.
(Because I do not like folded lines.)

But I'd prefer not to discuss indention and window sizes but isosurface
accuracy instead. Did anybody with some more isosurface experience
and aproptiate test scenes on the hd have a run?
Even if, from my presence on this news server, I deduced the rule of
thumb that "no response is good response".

Wolfgang