POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Enhancements to Particle-System (MPG, 366kb) : Re: Enhancements to Particle-System (MPG, 366kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enhancements to Particle-System (MPG, 366kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 1 Mar 2004 12:37:20
Message: <404374d0@news.povray.org>
> I like your particle-system because the versions I've tested can be
rendered
> distributed with SMPOV,
> that is not the case with the Mech-Sims.

Ah, well, this System uses a different approach, as it uses frame-by-frame
integration (along with some adaptive sampling during a frame), so I'm not
sure if it is distributed-rendering compatible. I want to make some tests in
that regard once the main core is up and running properly and won't need
modifications anymore, but I tend towards saying that this particle system
won't be distributed-rendering compatible. The old one does, but this is a
new system, not an update of the old one. Once I know more I'll post some
statement in that regard, but don't keep your hopes too high.

BTW, I think Runes particle System is capable of distributed rendering, as
he doesn't use an adaptive approach, but a set amount of timesteps to
calculate the path. AFAIK, different machines with different frames to
render should still come to the same results.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"