POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVing again (~170k) : Re: POVing again (~170k) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVing again (~170k)
From: Sun Tzu
Date: 29 Feb 2004 01:14:45
Message: <40418355@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm not that experienced with POV though so I'm
not sure exactly how to implement your ideas.   The materials always seem to
be one of my biggest problems.  I obviously need some tutoring in making
good materials.  How would I "average in a wrinkles pigment" on the label.
It is just an image texture:

texture
      {
         uv_mapping pigment
             {

               image_map
               {
                 gif   "eldwine9.gif"
                 interpolate 2
                }
                scale  <-0.18,0.35,0.2>
                rotate <0.0,  -47.0,  0.0>
                translate <0.0,80.0, 0.0>
             }
          finish
               {
                  ambient 0.0
                  diffuse 0.9
                  specular 0.2
                  roughness 0.2
               }
      }

Even more mysterious to me is the "subsurface scattering" that both you and
Tek suggest.  Here is the outside surface of the cheese, the 'sliced'
surfaces and bubbles are the same but without the normal.  How would I put
in subsurface scattering?

  texture {
    pigment {
                 color cheese_color