POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : wrong sphere-sweep bounding example : Re: wrong sphere-sweep bounding example Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wrong sphere-sweep bounding example
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Feb 2004 12:58:28
Message: <403f8544$1@news.povray.org>
In article <i9ru30dt2jssegeldmnogac4lh5msq2bpa@4ax.com> , ABX
<abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:

> Below is still valid for 3.6 beta

We all know!  Nobody ever wanted to fix it also I asked multiple times if
anybody would be willing to do so in public; and I even explained what is
wrong (in short: the bounds-finding is nonsensical).  Obviously there isn't
enough interest for it getting fixed by anybody who is able (or has enough
time, it is some heavy math one has to get right before implementing the
correct bounds-finding) to fix it :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde