POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Enhancements to Particle-System (MPG, 366kb) : Enhancements to Particle-System (MPG, 366kb) Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Enhancements to Particle-System (MPG, 366kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 27 Feb 2004 12:21:29
Message: <403f7c99@news.povray.org>
In this animation I just want to show off one of the features the System
will have: when a particle hits an object, it may call a macro, which in
turn may add new particles to the System. The macro can be applied generally
to a particle, but it can also be set that when a certain particle hits a
certain object, a certain macro gets called (many certainties there, huh?).

So far, I've only implemented that once a particle his an object, and that
object has an impact-macro attached to it, that macro gets called. Here this
produces the orange/yellow glows which act more like a fluid than like
bouncy particles, that is because their settings are of a different make-up.

Nontheless, all particles are run from within one core structure, so it's
not like I've included the same script twice or such to make this possible.

I'm open for suggestions (though I do have quite a many features in my head
that I want to implement eventually, so maybe yours are already there), but
for now, I gotta go work. Enjoy!

Regards,
Tim

--