POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [RFC] Little isosurface patch ? : Re: [RFC] Little isosurface patch ? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [RFC] Little isosurface patch ?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Feb 2004 10:52:34
Message: <403f67c2$1@news.povray.org>
In article <403f5c62@news.povray.org> , Wolfgang Wieser <wwi### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

>> well. So if the myriad editors on that other "platform" cannot agree on a
>> common format, who cares? ;-)
>
> And which other platform are you talking about?
>
> Even "good old" unix VI (and ViM, too, of course) can set the tab size:
>  :set tabstop=4
>  :set shiftwidth=4

Yes, there are vi, then there are the vi clones and improvements.  Then
there is this editor that is its own operating system (you know which one I
am talking about), there are improved versions of it.  Then there is my
favorite pico, and then there is the myriad editors I did not mention.  I am
sure there are plenty that have hard-coded tabs.  In conclusion, for
compatibility (the holly cow) many argue to use spaces.  And I agree with
you that I don't see why spaces offer anything.

Anyway, as was already said in this thread, that doesn't matter much as
long as the program compiles and works as indented. ;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde