POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Some problems solved [I/O Particle System] (MPG1, 414kb) : Re: Some problems solved [I/O Particle System] (MPG1, 414kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 04:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some problems solved [I/O Particle System] (MPG1, 414kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 27 Feb 2004 07:47:05
Message: <403f3c49$1@news.povray.org>
> You should realize a few points though:
>
> - my system is not optimized for such fast running simulations, reading
> and writing the simulation data takes a good amount of the time.

My System has to read/write as well. It loads as much as it can get in one
pass (e.g. open a file only once and keep it open until parsed through). For
each frame, the system will load all data at least once and save it once. I
guess yours has to do the same.

> - i used 200 steps per frame which is probably far more than necessary
> with method 2 (i used the same 200 steps for particle3.mpg which is much
> more critical in that concern).

It probably is too high, but I don't know the exact specs on how your
simulation is calculated, so it might be required.
And judging by 200 steps per frame: I've set mine to a maxmimum of 25, so
you're definitely faster then.

> It is probably not visible in the strongly compressed mpeg but that
> particle is not sticking but hopping with hardly any sideward movement.
>   It will either fall off the platform after some more seconds or it
> will come to lie on the platform due to the collision damping.

Ah, I forget to mention the animation I was talking about. It's the first
one where the particle sticks to the platform.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>