POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : [RFC] Little isosurface patch ? : Re: [RFC] Little isosurface patch ? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:10:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [RFC] Little isosurface patch ?
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 27 Feb 2004 04:53:50
Message: <403f13ad@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Why not just
>
>     if(EP2->f < 0)
>     {
>          if(EP1->f > 0.0)
>              ISOSRF->tl = 0.5*(EP2->t+EP1->t);
>          else
>              ISOSRF->tl = EP2->t;
>          return true;
>     }
>     else return false;
>
> ???
>
>     Thorsten
>

> PS: You should really consider using a sane tab width with something like
> four spaces per tab, and not unreadable eight spaces per tab!

I AM using a tab with of 4 but when I copy-and-paste into the
news reader the tabs get expanded to 8. I actually thought, the
news reader would transmit the \t characters but it looks like it
is converting them to 8 spaces before sending.
But no problem, I'll do better the next time.

BTW, after posting, I wondered myself why I was using 0.5*(EP2->t+EP1->t),
i.e. the average. We could even do a linear interpolation which should be
much better: We know the f and the t values!

Since you (Thorsten) are the guy who ported the Suzuki code to povray:
What do you think?

Wolfgang