POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Flooded Corridor 95k : Re: WIP - Flooded Corridor 95k Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Flooded Corridor 95k
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 25 Feb 2004 08:18:46
Message: <403ca0b6$1@news.povray.org>
It was not meant to depress you, but I suppose we all react differently. I
sometimes browse the net to find supreme raytracings and then I save them to
my harddisk, so I always have them to compare my own work with. This is not
making me feel hopeless, it makes me learn and set a serious goal from the
very beginning. Maybe a smaller project that aims to master one particular
feature. I know I can do it - it's just a matter of time.

It was also not meant to "kick" you forwards, no. But to give you ideas. For
example regarding the floor: Just by looking, I can't decide wether the
floor is flooded with water, or you're trying to add irregularities to the
floor itself, so it looks like a real-life material... It actually took me a
while before I noticed the title of your post, which answers the question.

Regards,
Hugo