POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particles in Space - Mpeg1 version - movie.mpg (0/4) : Re: Particles in Space - Mpeg1 version - movie.mpg (0/4) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 04:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particles in Space - Mpeg1 version - movie.mpg (0/4)
From: Hughes, B
Date: 24 Feb 2004 15:02:30
Message: <403badd6$1@news.povray.org>
<WillemW> wrote in message
news:3i4m30t9f8oku8gnn502tpi8it2m8nu5kl@4ax.com...

> Now for the animation ? Any comments ?

Fascinating thing to watch. Difficult to say how well it represents any real
event though.

I would say it acts more like something at a scale of meters rather than
kilometers, and I know you were trying to make this Earth-sized. I'd expect
the two orbs to merge into a better sphere. And then there's also the
question of varying density from cores to surfaces, which I'm unsure if
these could have. If they did, then it could scatter surface areas much more
easily to reform a sphere again. Of course, this animation stops far short
of reforming.

I've only just now read the web page you referred to before about Part3d,
otherwise I would have thought you were using the unofficial POV-Ray MechSim
to do these. Apparently you've managed to get it into POV rendering okay,
was it difficult to do?

Bob H.